Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wash Day


I've spent the last few days laundering all of our new linens in preparation of moving into our own place {hopefully very very soon!} We have stacks of fluffy bath towels, washcloths and hand towels.   Clean and soft duvet cover, sheets, and pillowcases.  Loads of new dishtowels and washrags.  Neatly folded cloth napkins and sweet smelling vintage tablecloths.  Laundry is my favorite household chore, all the fresh smells and soft textures make me smile!  We're all set and ready to use all our linens!


I hung our vintage tablecloths outside to dry and they smelled so wonderful afterwards!  It took less than 20 minutes for them to dry because it is so hot outside.  I think I need to start line drying more often in the summers!


3 comments:

  1. I love that tablecloth! So pretty. I guess it's a thrift store find, or an heirloom, right? If not, where can i get one too? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anna
    Thanks Anna, it was an antique store find for only $3 because it has a small hole in it. I didn't care though! I haven't seen another one like it before

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic find! After seeing yours, I did some internet searching for table clothes, and the cheapest ones (holes, stains, well worn, etc) are at least $20. The mint condition clothes, or the collector ones are $150+! Guess I'll have to keep my eyes open at the thrift stores :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...