Saturday, August 6, 2011

Couponing This Week

I haven't talked about it much here on the blog recently, but I LOVE to coupon!  About a year or two ago I started playing "the drugstore game" and getting freebies at CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid.  But honestly with school I just got tired of doing it sometimes.  It takes a lot of work and planning, and I just wasn't wanting to put that much time into it.  Now that I'm married, and as of now not working, my goal is to stretch the income Jeremy brings in as far as it will go.  I am getting back into couponing and loving it! 

This week I had a good week at Bi-Lo.  If Bi-Lo would allow overage on coupons, I would have received money back on the transaction.  However, they can only lower the coupon value to the price of the product and then you have to pay sales tax.  I also stopped at Wal-Mart and Staples to get a couple of freebies.

Here are my savings from my 2nd week in Aug trips:  I paid .32 total for everything pictured (.35 minus .03 overage at WalMart)


Bi-Lo Trip:
3 boxes of Mueller's Elbow Macaroni- (.92 each and Buy one Get one Free, makes them .46 each) {I used three .55/1 coupons to get the pasta for free)
2 Emeril's Bam Meals- ($1.69 and BOGO, makes them .85 each) {Used two $1/1 any Emeril's product to get Bam Meals for free)
2 Carpet Fresh Deoderizers- (2.65 each and BOGO, makes them $1.32 each){Used two $1.50/1 coupons to get deodorizers for free}

Total Bi-Lo Value: $12. 42
Total Spent at Bi-Lo: $0.35 (tax)
Savings: $12.07 (97%)

Wal-Mart Trip

Degree Deodorant Trial Size: $0.97 {used $1/1 degree coupon to get free plus .03 overage}

Staples Trip

100 free black and white business cards (19.99 value)


*I used Southern Savers to find these deals*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...