Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tea Time


I have such wonderful friends!  This past weekend my matron of honor, Heather, and her mother threw me a bridal luncheon/tea.  It was picture perfect!  Down to the beautiful mixed matched china, chicken salad, and sugar cubes!

THANK YOU LADIES FOR ALL YOU DID! 
Heather with her mother and grandmother. 


The table settings were beautiful, and I loved all the hydrangeas! 

My bridesmaids and I before the tea, aren't they all so beautiful? 

We all got in on taking pictures under the pretty arbor
 My mom and I are pictured below.


Our lunch included turkey salad, crescent rolls, fresh mixed fruit, fruit dip, and pasta salad.  And sweet tea!


After lunch we enjoyed some delicious desserts...


Cake and mini strawberry cheesecakes...



and lemon bars and wedding cookies.

We also enjoyed some hot tea with our desserts!





Afterwards I opened all the sweet gifts everyone gave me.  I LOVED that people got me "antique" themed gifts.  Exactly the kind of stuff I like!

Haley found these antique state plates at a local antique store.  Guess what the only two states they had in the store were?  North Carolina and Illinois!  It was meant to be. :)

My mom got me a milk glass plate and two milk glass spice jars.  I've been eyeing those spice jars for quite some time, and she didn't even know it!  She knows what I like.



Tracy and Katalyn gave me this unique little serving platter.  Don't you just love that little curve on the left side?  I just love white dishes and was very excited to be able to add a few pieces to my collection.

Heather painted this beautiful teapot for me at a pottery place!  What a great and personal gift!  And a perfect reminder of our tea party.

I loved the tray and pillow that my Maw Maw gave me.

After I opened my gifts, I gave the bridesmaids (and flower girl) a couple of gifts just to say thank you for all their help over the past year and for being my bridesmaids!

I gave them their personalized hanger that they will use at the wedding to hang up their bridesmaids dresses

As well as a tote bag that I monogrammed


I love you girls!  Thank you for making this such a special day for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...