Saturday, May 14, 2011

I’m So Proud

Today was Jeremy’s graduation from Liberty University.  He is graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Religion with a specialization in Biblical Studies.  He also earned a minor in Theology.  I’m so proud of him and loved watching him walk across the stage today! 

100_0806

I enjoyed coming back up to Lynchburg for the weekend and getting to see Jeremy’s mom and dad as well.  His parents as well as my parents came for the ceremony.  Below is a picture of Jeremy and his parents.

100_0807

Pictured below with Dr. Don Fowler.  Jeremy took 3 classes with him- Old Testament Backgrounds, Hebrew I and Hebrew II.   I took the same Old Testament Backgrounds class with Dr. Fowler and took New Testament Life and Literature with him as well.  He is one of our favorite professors and we have both learned so much from him.

100_0797

Pictured below with Dr. Craig Hinkson. Jeremy worked for Dr. Hinkson as his TA (teacher’s assistant) for a semester.  Dr. Hinkson is a theology professor at LU.  Jeremy really enjoyed working for him and learning from him.100_1273

I’m so glad that I had the privilege of seeing Jeremy through most of his college career and to learn with him along the way.  He is so smart and has challenged me in many ways!  I have loved our discussions on theology, our classes, and the meaning of Scriptures. Jeremy has taught me so much about thinking for myself and not just accepting something because it’s what the professor says or what I’ve always heard.  He’s taught me how to look to Scripture first and to form my theology and beliefs from the truths I find there.  He is such a deep thinker and never settles for a shallow understanding of foundations of our faith- he always wants to understand as much as he can and learn all he can.  I know that the Lord is going to use him in such amazing ways and use his passion for learning and teaching others to spread the Gospel.  I’m blessed to get to be along for the whole ride and see God has in store. 

Congratulations Jeremy.  I love you so much and am so very proud of you.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Jeremy! i bet you're right.. sounds like BIG things are in store for him. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...