Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bloom and Devotion

One of the buds on my orchid bloomed yesterday!  I had forgotten what color it even was.  It is so pretty, I can’t wait for the others to bloom too!

100_1106

I also wanted to share yesterday’s devotion in “Jesus Calling” by Sarah Young.  My Bible Study leader gave me this wonderful little book for my birthday last month and I have so enjoyed reading it.  It is written as though God Himself is writing you a letter, sweet reminders of His love and expectations.  Yesterday I felt like He was speaking directly to me.  Here’s is the devotion from April 13th,

“When I give you no special guidance, stay where you are.  Concentrate on doing your everyday tasks in awareness of My Presence with you.  The Joy of My Presence will shine on you, as you do everything for Me.  Thus you invite Me into every aspect of your life.  Through collaborating with Me in all thing, you allow My Life to merge with yours.  This is the secret not only of joyful living, but also of victorious living.  I designed you to depend on Me moment by moment, recognizing that apart from Me you can do nothing. 

Be thankful for quiet days, when nothing special seems to be happening.  Instead of being bored by the lack of action, use times of routine to seek My Face.  Although this is an invisible transaction, it speaks volumes in spiritual realms.  Moreover, you are richly blessed when you walk trustingly with Me through the routines of your day. 

Colossians 3:23; John 15:5; Psalm 105:4”

Psalm 16:11 “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...