Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bridal Shower

It has been several days since I posted- it feels like its been forever!  Jeremy and I drove down to NC for the weekend for a bridal shower! 

My mom, aunts, and grandmother graciously hosted the shower and spent so much time preparing for everything- I appreciate all you ladies did to make the shower special! 

The ladies who made it happen- minus my mom who was taking the picture.  My matron of honor, Heather, helped them set up.  Thank y’all so much!!

The shower was so beautiful and the perfect beachy colors to go with the wedding theme. 

The cake was from Granny’s Bakery in Spindale, NC.  They were petit fours- it reminded me of Samantha Parkington in the American Girl books series/dolls.  Does anyone else remember her?  She was from the Victorian Era and was my favorite when I was little.  She always had a petit four with her afternoon tea.  :) 

There was so much wonderful food!

Mama used our engagement pictures and some sea shells to decorate the tables with.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wasn’t allowed to see the fellowship hall before all the decorations were put together- this is me seeing it all for the first time as I came inside. 

Three of my bridesmaids were able to make it to the shower- we missed Sarah and Alex.

Thank you girls for coming and being part of this with me!

And one with the flower girl too- my little cousin Kyndra.

We received so many wonderful gifts from everyone!  Here are a few pictures

Shower Guests :)  So thankful for the influence all of these ladies have had on my life.  I love you all!

We were sooo blessed to receive so many generous gifts!

Jeremy and my dad came at the end of the shower to help load up all the gifts.  Jeremy and I enjoyed looking through the gifts together and the recipes ladies brought as well. 

My dad, grandmother, and Carolyn. 

It was such a great day and I had so much fun!  Thanks again to everyone who had any part in making it happen!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

If you heard about our blog from the shower- welcome!  I hope that this will be a tool to help you keep up to date with Jeremy and I as we prepare for marriage, and as we soon become newlyweds.  Feel free to look around and see what I’ve written in the past. To navigate your way around, click on the words to the right of the screen.  You can look at posts by month (just click the month any posts I wrote during that month will come up. Click on any you’d like to read).  Another way to

I would love for you to follow our blog if you have a Google (gmail) account, a twitter account, or a yahoo account.  Just click on the “Follow” button at the top right and follow the directions, logging in using whatever account you have.  This just lets us know you’re out there and reading. :)

If you don’t already have an Google account or if you would just like to receive emails containing any new posts, enter your email address into the “Email Subscription” box to the right below the followers.  You will need to confirm your email account, but afterwards you will recieve anything new I write directly in your inbox. 

Look for a welcome page soon to help you navigate around the blog. 

I hope you are encouraged by what you read and that you enjoy reading about us!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the beachy vignettes. And how cute do you look in your pretty skirt, and beachy blue top?? TOO CUTE. It looks like it was a lovely time.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet! looks like a good time was had by all. :) you're adorable, btw!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...