Tuesday, December 14, 2010

National Gingerbread House Competition

Jeremy and I went home to NC this weekend and we decided to make a little detour to Asheville before heading back to Lynchburg. 

Every year Grove Park Inn hosts the National Gingerbread Competition in November and the houses are displayed until January.  During the week, the public is welcome to come and look at all the gingerbread houses!  They are spread throughout the Inn so it is always fun to go and see the houses as well as explore the Inn.

Yesterday it was snowing in Asheville and made for a beautiful day to be in the mountains! 

Doesn't that just look beautiful?  I thought it was quite romantic :)

Here are some of my favorite gingerbread houses:

This was in the children's division!  I think it is so pretty!


This was the first prize winner of the children's division


Look at all those gingerbread houses!

This was 2nd place for teen division.  I love white churches!

First place for teen division was this adorable gingerbread house made like the movie Up!


My second favorite gingerbread house.  One of the top ten in the adult category

I think this Noah' Ark was second place in the adult category

This was a cute "reindeer spa"

This was by far my favorite gingerbread house! It is so beautiful!!  It was one of the top ten in the adult category.

They had so many beautiful Christmas trees!  I loved this one because they used hydrangeas to decorate it.

This was a pretty bluish silver tree

And a rustic country tree

We had a wonderful day together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...