Saturday, December 18, 2010

Homemade Croutons


I just love croutons in my salads, don't you?  I think they are the best part of a salad :)  Today I wanted to share a simple recipe for homemade croutons.  This will save you money from buying pre-packaged croutons and I think they taste better!

Homemade Croutons
You will need:
Bread (Loaf bread, Italian bread, etc.  Any bread should work)
Olive Oil
Mrs. Dash Table Seasoning

I found a great buy on some artisan garlic bread at Kroger on my last shopping trip.  It was originally $3.29 and I got it on manager's special for .89! I am making spaghetti this week so we will have garlic bread with that, but I had plenty and decided to make some croutons. 


1. First, preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Cut bread into cubes.  I would suggest using a serrated knife- it works better cutting bread.  Trust me, I tried the other first :) You can cut these however you like best, big or small.

3. Place bread cubes onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. 

4. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Table Seasoning


5. Bake for 10 minutes and then flip

6. Bake an additional 10 minutes- watch them closely so they don't burn!

7. Let cool and then serve or store!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...