Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken

recipe image


I made this chicken the other night and thought it was fantastic.  I modified the recipe from here.  I didn't have all those ingredients so I just tweaked it to what I had. 

*Note: I only used 2 frozen chicken breast (the kind that come in a bag at Wal-Mart) instead of the 4 suggested, I would add additional spices if you do more chicken breast.  I did cut up my 2 chicken breast into 4 thinner pieces so they would cook faster, but I would still add some more spices if you were making more chicken than 2 big pieces. 

Ingredients:
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 fresh lime
Directions:
In a bowl mix together the spices and then rub over chicken breast. 
Heat butter and olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat
Saute chicken until golden brown and cooked all the way through
Cut fresh lime in half and squeeze juice over chicken breast (You could zest the lime over it too but I don't have a zester)
Let simmer in juice for a few minutes before serving. 

This chicken has a little kick to it and would be fantastic served with rice or chips and salsa.  Kind of reminds me of fiesta lime chicken at Applebee's if it had cheese on top....maybe next time :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...