Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bowed Knees and an Open Heart

I feel as though I am overflowing with the Spirit of God today after my time in Bible Study this morning at TRBC.  Today was the last day of our Faithful Abundant True study and I am so glad that I decided to do this study with the women's ministry there!  First and foremost, I went to this study hoping to connect with other women who are married and could give me some practical, hands on advice about marriage and being a godly wife.  I had a wonderful table and I did start to form those connections with some of the ladies.  However, I didn't expect God to so powerfully challenge me and soften my heart towards Him during the past seven weeks.

I have learned so much from this study, starting with what I've already posted before.  A godly woman will be a woman of the Word.  If I desire to live a godly lifestyle, if I desire to have joy, if I desire to be hospitable, etc I have to be soaked in Scripture.  Me in my own flesh would never choose those things.  But when we first of all KNOW the Word, and secondly APPLY the Word, God will show up and do amazing things.  I keep thinking how elementary that is, but for me it really hit home.  I don't need to seek all of the how to's from a million books, only the one true Book.

The Lord has impressed my heart with a lot over the last few weeks, but one that He has hit me hard with the last two weeks is the need to bow before Him.  I could probably count on one hand how many times I have prayed bowed.  I have learned today and last week through the speakers and through personal study that bowing is a powerful way to worship and to connect with the Almighty Living God.  It causes me to empty myself of me and to recognize who God is.  It it is a physical manifestation of a heart bowed and surrendered.

As I bowed tonight in prayer, I was overwhelmed with His presence.  He beckoned me to my knees today.  He has been pursuing me and wooing me.  How thankful I am that He doesn't leave us where we are.  Oh the joy of His salvation!  I challenge you to get on your knees and to open your heart to Him.

"Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!"
Psalm 95:6 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...